Sunday, May 13, 2012

Je suis Mommy...

A couple months ago, Florence (my French Tutor) and I were practicing conversation.  In French she asked me "What do you do?" and I answered, "Je suis Mommy".  She laughed and said, "That is sweet".  We went on to finish our conversation and class, but this exchange has stayed with me and has made me think...

Being a full-time Mommy is somewhat new territory for me.  A year and half ago my answer might have been catering manager. I think back to all the titles I have held... daughter, sister, wife, friend, student, teammate, catering manager.  I realize, how each title has defined me at different times of my life and perhaps closed me off to other experiences. I feel so blessed to have this full time job of being an Ex-Pat Mommy and being able to experience foreign lands and all that it brings to me with my Sons. To take Max on our crazy drive to school each morning, to be a class mom, to attempt potty training Alex a la Marrakechi, to riding Camels in the dessert. Mommy is truly the most glorious title I have ever had.

Happy Mother's Day to all the other Mommies in my life, my Mom, Sister, Mother in Law, Sisters in Law and friends!!!  

xx from Berlin where we are celebrating with the newest Mommy in our family!



6 comments:

  1. Love it! Being a mom is the Best/hardest job ever... You rock..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote! We are definitely blessed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and interesting blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww... just now i am reading this! love you. xoxo the new mommy (best title indeed)

    ReplyDelete